|MSN Internet access: Read your MSN mail in Hotmail|
The following instructions explain how to configure your Hotmail account to download your MSN email. This is to be used by international MSN members from the USA, UK and Japan.
You will need access to an Internet connection to do this (eg, a friend, workplace, Internet cafe, public library or hotel service).
Open Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, then complete the following steps.
- Logon to Hotmail at http://ninemsn.com.au/hotmail
- If you don't have a Hotmail account you will have to register, by clicking "New user? Sign up now!" then completing the registration form.
- Logon to Hotmail using user name and password.
- Select Options.
- Select POP Mail.
- Enter the following server details:
- POP Server Name = POP3.EMAIL.MSN.COM
- POP User Name = Your MSN.COM logon
- POP User Password = Your MSN.COM password.
- Leave the post and server timeout as the default.
- Leave messages on POP server = Tick ON. This will only download a copy of the emails and leave the originals on the MSN server for when you return overseas.
- Download new messages only = Tick ON. If you want to download only new messages in your MSN.COM inbox.
- Click OK.
- To read your new MSN email, select Inbox, then click on the link from the left-hand menu that says POP Mail.